By spending time in the kitchen with your child, you are teaching science in action! Children can learn many new things in the kitchen including math skills, reading and time-telling skills; encouraging healthy food choices; building confidence and creativity and enhancing communication.
When starting on your cooking adventure, remember these helpful tips:
- Give your child quick, simple jobs
- Give instructions one at a time
- Expect children to spill things and make a mess; it’s part of the fun!
- Include cleaning up as part of the activity
Turkey Cheese BallSupplies Needed:
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Combine all ingredients well. Then shape into a ball. Add oval-shaped crackers for tail feathers, pecan halves for feathers, and a bell pepper slice for the head.
For more holiday tips, check out our blog: How to Prepare for the Holidays.