Are you ready to see your baby take that first step? You might just see that during the age of 9-12 months. However, don't rush walking just yet, as there are so many other great milestones they are going to achieve at this age!
- Pulls to stand and takes a couple of steps with support
- Pivots and scoots in sitting
- Stands alone momentarily
- Displays independent behavior
- Imitates adults behavior
- Develops a sense of humor
- Comes when called
- Understands some descriptive words like "hot"
- Gives toy to adult
- Follows simple commands
- Turns head immediately to own name
- Says first true words
See a video of these milestones on our Milestones Videos
page. If you're worried your child might need some help meeting these milestones, talk to your pediatrician.