Contact Us Today!
Learning and Diagnostic Center
Pediatrics Plus Learning and Diagnostic Center specializes in the assessment of Learning Disabilities. Our assessment services include a variety of psychological tests that assess language skills, memory, verbal and visual learning, attention/concentration, planning ability, and eye-hand coordination. We also offer academic skills assessments that include skills like reading, spelling, writing, mathematics, academic achievement and reading comprehension. If you think that your child might benefit from our assessment services, please contact us for more information.
- Kristen M.
At Pediatrics Plus, we offer an individualized assessment that best meets your child's needs. Below are just a few of the things our Learning and Diagnostic Center offers:
- One on one testing
- Quiet, friendly environment
- Full IQ Testing
- Language screenings
- Full academic testing for math, writing, and reading
- Auditory, visual, and phonological processing assessments
- Hands on ADHD assessments
- School accommodations
- Individualized learning plans and recommendations based on test results
- Parent consultation with Licensed Psychological Examiner
To inquire about an assessment, contact the Learning & Diagnostic Center at 501-821-5459 or fill out the online form below.
Our director will schedule your appointment after checking insurance benefits or Medicaid eligibility. Paperwork (including a patient information sheet, parent questionnaire and teacher questionnaire) will be mailed or emailed to you for completion. We require copies of any previous testing.
For Medicaid patients, a prescription from your PCP is also required. Evaluations will be scheduled over 2 days.
For a full psychoeducational evaluation, expect approximately 6-7 hours of testing.
Please allow up to 30 days after the last testing date to receive results. A consultation will be scheduled to discuss the final report and recommendations.
What to Expect
- Bring a snack and drink for your child.
- Please give your child any and ALL medications
- Child will not be evaluated if glasses or hearing aids are not worn.
- We require 72 hours notice to cancel an appointment.
- Please arrive 10 minutes prior to your appointment time.
- Please let us know if your child requires additional accomodations before date of testing.
Who We Evaluate
- Formal learning disability testing for Dyslexia, Dysgraphia and Dyscalculia requires that the child must have completed at LEAST 1 semester of kindergarten - 1 full year is recommended.
- ADHD can be assessed at age 5.
- We do not guarantee a diagnosis.
- Formal evaluations can only be completed once per calendar year. If your child was screened or evaulated by the school or private sector, we will need copies of the results before scheduling.
We Test For The Following Learning Disabilities:
We accept most private insurance as well at Medicaid, ARKids A, and TEFRA. We also offer private pay rates, as well as individualized payment plans.