Counseling and Diagnostics
12921 Cantrell Road, Suite 105, Little Rock, AR 72223
501-891-5492 (P) | 501-747-2149 (F)
Children who are struggling socially, emotionally, or behaviorally are oftentimes misunderstood and misdiagnosed. At Pediatrics Plus Counseling and Diagnostics, we want to provide families with an integrative approach to care. We believe that all behavior is purposeful. Research suggests that children and adolescents express their emotions through behaviors. Behavior can also reflect how children interpret and process information.
Our mission, at PPCD, is to promote maximum cognitive and emotional growth. To achieve this mission and better serve our families, we are expanding our services to include counseling and diagnostic services.
Pediatrics Plus Counseling & Diagnostics is a highly trained team of professionals offering behavioral health services to children, teens, and families. We utilize evidence-based counseling techniques, a wide array of psychoeducational assessments, and board-certified psychiatrists to meet families’ needs. The PPCD treatment team can provide wrap around services to children and families to ensure they are receiving the support needed to succeed.
- Kristen M.
- Individual Counseling
- Couples Counseling
- Marriage Counseling
- Family Counseling
- Counseling for Kids ages 2 through 17
- Play Therapy
- Trauma Therapy
- Grief & Loss
- Relationship Issues
- Developmental Disabilities
- Behavior Issues
At Pediatrics Plus, we offer an individualized assessment that best meets your child's needs. Below are just a few of the things our Counseling and Diagnostics offers:
- One on one testing
- Full IQ Testing
- Language screenings
- Full academic testing for math, writing, and reading
- Recommendations for school accomodations and phonological processing assessments
- Hands on ADHD assessments
- School accommodations
- Individualized recommendations based on test results
To inquire about an assessment, contact Counseling & Diagnostics at 501-891-5492 or fill out the online form below.
Our intake coordinator will call you to set up an appointment after checking insurance benefits or Medicaid eligibility (AR only). Paperwork (including a patient information sheet, parent questionnaire and teacher questionnaire) will be mailed or emailed to you for completion. We require copies of any previous testing.
For a full psychoeducational evaluation, expect approximately 6-7 hours of testing.
Please allow up to 30 days after the last testing date to receive results. A consultation will be scheduled to discuss the final report and recommendations.
What to Expect
- Bring a snack and drink for your child.
- Please give your child any and ALL medications
- Child will not be evaluated if glasses or hearing aids are not worn.
- We require 72 hours notice to cancel an appointment.
- Please arrive 10 minutes prior to your appointment time.
- Please let us know if your child requires additional accomodations before date of testing.
Who We Evaluate
- Formal learning disability testing for Dyslexia, Dysgraphia and Dyscalculia requires that the child must have completed at LEAST 1 semester of kindergarten - 1 full year is recommended.
- ADHD can be assessed at age 5.
- We do not guarantee a diagnosis.
- Formal evaluations can only be completed once per calendar year. If your child was screened or evaulated by the school or private sector, we will need copies of the results before scheduling.
We Test For The Following Learning Disabilities:
Call our team and we will check insurance benefits for your family. Our Arkansas locations accept most private insurance as well at Medicaid, ARKids A, and TEFRA. We also offer private pay rates, as well as individualized payment plans.